Support the Zoo
Though owned and operated by San Joaquin County, public funding alone cannot support the operation and development of Micke Grove Zoo. Improvements to Zoo facilities and provision of education and conservation programs need YOUR HELP.
You can help Micke Grove Zoo by:
- VISITING – Micke Grove parking and Zoo entry fees help offset County expenditures for Zoo operations.
- VOLUNTEERING – Volunteers assist in every aspect of the Zoo, extending the work of paid staff in caring for animals and exhibits, providing program services and developing special family activities.
- CONTRIBUTING – Funds donated to Micke Grove Zoo can be designated for specific projects or purposes. In-kind donations of supplies or services help offset operating and equipment costs.
- SPONSORING – Micke Grove Zoo program and event sponsorship provides excellent exposure for businesses while supporting enriching education activities and family experiences.
The Micke Grove Zoological Society, a 501c-3 charitable corporation, exists to assist San Joaquin County by generating community support for the Zoo’s operation and development. Through the Society you can:
- JOIN THE ZOO – Society members receive free admission to Micke Grove Park, discounts on programs and Zootique merchandise and invitations to member events.
- SHOP AT THE ZOOTIQUE – Proceeds from gift and souvenir sales benefit the Zoological Society’s efforts on behalf of the Zoo.
- Be A “ZOO PARENT” – By becoming a Zoo Parent of a Micke Grove Zoo animal you benefit the Zoological Society, receive special information about your animal and are recognized in the Zoo for one year.
- DONATE A VEHICLE – By donating your used car, boat or motorcycle can benefit the Zoological Society’s work on behalf of the Zoo.
Both the County and Zoological Society have mechanisms for accepting memorial gifts. Contact the Zoo Office to learn more about honoring the memory of a loved one by contributing to Micke Grove Zoo.
Donations to Micke Grove Zoo – whether directly to San Joaquin County or through the Micke Grove Zoological Society – are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.